Favorite Devil's Food Cake


Has it really been this long? Many overdue recipes shall be headed this way!
We're starting off again on a sweet tooth.
Let's celebrate October with a chocolatey treat ~ Devil's food cake.
And....let's travel back in time and try a recipe that hasn't aged.




*Sweet milk was replaced with sweetened condensed milk*

Check out that copyright date. These are timeless recipes for sure.



This rich & delicious dessert was a hit with everyone! My advice, eliminate the frosting and use this as a future brownie treat. Next time, I'm eliminating the two layers and opting for one rectangular pan. Add some walnuts or pecans ~  you won't go wrong:)

More recipes to follow from this great cook book, thanks to our dear neighbor Joyce:)

Comments

  1. Oh how I love your vintage cookbook! I have my grandmas with all her sweet little notes in it and I will never part with it. Now about that cake...yum...thinking I MUST bake one soon...can never have enough chocolate. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Koralee! This cookbook is a true treasure & your grandmother's sounds even more special with her notes:) I love trying these recipes out & have to say ~ I haven't been disappointed yet! I hope you enjoy this rich and creamy cake:) It's perfect for all chocolate lovers! Sending you my best, Miki:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts